After our successful campaign to save Farnham’s Water Meadows we have launched a new ‘Protect Our Greenspace’ campaign in Badshot Lea
• You will get a fresh voice at Westminster
• I will challenge the political establishment on behalf of ordinary people
• I will speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves
• I will work to bring real reform to our political system
• I will live in the constituency, not in London & I will commute to work
• I will not claim for a ‘second home’
• I will work full-time as your MP
What I Stand For
Here’s a summary of my main campaign themes and how I’ve tried to fulfil them over the last 12 months:
I have four campaign themes which dominate my political philosophy:
Speaking up for Ordinary People
• I have spoken out against the plans for the Key Site development in Godalming and fought for affordable housing on the site.
• I have used my position to publicise the plight of Dan Eley, a young man from Godalming who used to work with street children in South America but suffered a broken neck and was left paralyzed, and stuck in Colombia. The Lib Dems put out 14,000 leaflets which publicised Dan’s situation.
• I have been outspoken in respect of the affairs of the standing MP Jeremy Hunt. Hunt has suffered the embarrassment of having to repay over £12,500 of his MP’s expenses claims, after I raised questions at a public meeting in May 2009.
Seeking a Fair Deal for the Vulnerable
• I strongly support the Royal British Legion’s Campaign for better care for returning veterans, having worked with army veterans through the YMCA.
• I am supporting the Act for Justice group in Haslemere, campaigning against human trafficking.
Campaigning for a Sustainable Community
• I chaired the successful campaign to save Farnham’s Water Meadows
• I am now fighting the proposals to double the size of Badshot Lea village
• I raised strong objections to the TAG flights proposal which involved the expansion of Farnborough Airport
Investing in our Children and Teenagers
• Seeking to help and empower young people is key to my agenda, as I have worked with them for many years in my role as a CEO of the YMCA.
• I strongly support the Lib Dems’ plan to phase out University Tuition fees. It’s too late for my own children, but I don’t want to see generations of young people saddled with huge debts just as they start out in life.